Saturday 17 August 2013

Spicy Chicken Fry | Kodi Vepudu


Couple of weeks back Amma had made this for a party and later told me that it turned out very well. I was sad that I wasn't around to see the dish being prepared nor click pictures. On hearing that it was quite spicy, I had to make this for hubby dear right. So I noted down the ingredients in a hurry and forgot all about it.



When I finally remembered the dish, I was told that it needs to be marinated for at least 2 hours, so I again had to postpone making it. Finally when I had enough time on had to make this, I found that Amma forgot the recipe! Now whenever Amma makes anything new, I make it a point to note the ingredients right away as otherwise she tends to forget what went in. So it was almost like I was never going to make this, when I racked my drafts again and finally found it. Hubby dear did say this was way too spicy even for him, so I am noting down the reduced spice measurement.

















Spicy Chicken Fry | Kodi Vepudu



Ingredients Needed



For the chicken marinade



Chicken - 1/2 kg

Dry Red chilies - 2

Whole pepper corn - 5 6 nos (I used about 3/4 tsp which was very spicy)

Cardamon, clove, Cinnamon - 1 each



Dry roast and make a powder



Turmeric powder

Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp

Ginger Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp



Wash and cut the chicken into small pieces. marinate the chicken with the spice powder, turmeric, salt and ginger garlic paste along with red chili powder. Marinate for at least 2 hours.



Once done, heat a non stick pan with oil, 1 dry chili, chicken along with the marinade, more chili powder if needed. simmer with lid covered till the chicken is cooked. This takes about 15 - 20 mins.



Finally removed and fry curry leaves and cashes, add the chicken back and toss around.



Serve hot.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management