Monday 12 August 2013

Aloo Palak Paneer Pie

Pies seem to be the rage recently and I've noticed lots of cookbooks featuring both savory and sweet pies, sometimes mini ones and others fitting the more traditional standard. This one is adapted from a cookbook that I received to look over and I was immediately drawn to a unique take on aloo palak that incorporates the potato component into a delightful crust. To make it even more interesting, I added some crumbled paneer and some of my favorite spices that are always eager to greet me when I open the cupboard door. Now, Pies and Tarts with Heart is a vegan book, but though I am smitten by the creative ideas for pies that are presented throughout the book, and adore vegan options, my initial complaint was the use of margarine in many...



This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management