Wednesday 18 March 2020

Lemony Quinoa with Black Chickpeas and Spices

While this is technically not a one-pot meal, as the quinoa and chickpeas are cooked separately, this nourishing and balanced dish all comes together in one pan, with very little preparation time. I find dishes such as this one are perfect for mid-week meals when I don't have the time or inclination to fuss over dinner. As is usual in my kitchen, I like to spice things up, but as always, my recipes are guidelines that can easily be adjusted to suit ones tastes. I like the unique texture and stronger flavor of black chickpeas, as they do go well in spiced up dishes, but yellow chickpeas could easily be used instead. Serve with a vegetable side, or include some greens, such as spinach or green peas, during the last few minutes of the cooking...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management