Monday 13 January 2020

Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup

Tomato soup is not something that I appreciated until I started to make my own. Canned varieties just never pleased me, as they are overloaded with sodium and always taste like they were dumped from a tin, as they are. But I have quite a few homemade favorite tomato soups now — using my own ingredients, the tomato flavor is much more robust. This recipe is one that I drafted on a whim, as I was craving not only a warming tomato soup but also chickpeas. And spice it up with Indian seasonings I did too, as I often tend to do. Partially puréeing the chickpeas lends a delightful creamy texture to the soup, and with the added protein, the soup is sufficiently filling when served up with a vegetable dish and some rice to complete a meal....

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management