Friday 8 March 2019

Tahini Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Tahini is a condiment or paste made from sesame seeds and has a consistency much like nut butters. It figures prominently in Middle Eastern cuisine, and one of the most well known uses of tahini is the central role it plays in most hummus preparations. You can make your own from unhulled, hulled, sprouted or toasted sesame seeds, but I have yet to do that. I already make so many of my own staples and there is only so much time in a day. I have a few favorite store-bought brands that work well for me, and my preference is always to get pure tahini, without any additions and that most resemble the consistency of nut butters, meaning I avoid varieties that have a watery consistency. And tahini is such a diverse ingredient and one that I have...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management