Friday 21 September 2018

Toni & Sergio is now in Eastwood

Italian cuisine is not that popular here in Manila except for the Americanized pizza parlors. But there are a handful of pretty good Italian restaurants in town; one of which is Toni & Sergio which first opened in Venice Grand Canal. It recently opened a branch in Eastwood and I took the opportunity to have lunch there with friends when we were around the area. 

Hello, Toni & Sergio
I still remember the first time I went to Toni & Sergio and how impressed I was with its beautiful interiors. Its Eastwood branch, though has that similar warm ambiance, wasn't as sophisticated looking compared to its pioneer branch. Perhaps its smaller floor area or lack of natural light has something to do with it. 
Since two of our friends already had lunch, F and I decided to just order Seafood Pasta (PHP435) and Pizza Margherita (PHP350). My friends who already had lunch opted to get Tiramisu (PHP270) and Oreo Fudge (PHP270). I also had Lychee Shake (PHP130) while my other friends went with Italian Soda which is basically a mix of soda and milk. 
I've been to Toni & Sergio a couple of times but it was my first time to try its pizza. And a wise foodie once told me that the way to know if a place offers great pizza is to go with its most basic pizza, and that's margherita
And it was so good! Despite only having tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil leaves, each bite had that lovely bold and savory flavor that made it nothing short of blissful. It was tangy yet balanced by the basil leaves. The crust also had that perfect thickness.
Seafood pasta was served next and came with a generously topped with mussels and clams. I was surprised though to see some chili bits. And it was not meant to just add color to the dish. It was actually quite spicy. But if you love anything with heat, you'd enjoy this dish. 
I had a bite of my friends' desserts and I would choose Tiramisu over Oreo Fudge anytime. 
I prefer a lighter flavored dessert and though Tiramisu isn't exactly much of a palate cleanser, its light texture made it a winner for me. Oreo Fudge was too cloying. But chocolate lovers will surely like this. 
My lychee shake is also great. It was sweet yet refreshing at the same time. 

Overall, it was a good dining experience. I'd definitely go back to try other pizza flavors! 

Toni & Sergio is located at 2nd Floor, Eastwood Mall, Libis, Quezon City.

Toni & Sergio Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management