Wednesday 15 August 2018

New Treat: Cara Mia's Classic Ube Cake

I love ube even before it became a hype or a millennial thing. I love it as an ice cream flavor that I'd grab a gallon just for myself! I would also scurry around Baguio to get a few big jars of the famous Good Shepherd Ube Jam. On birthdays or special occasions, one of my top picks would be ube cake. And guess who now offers ube cake? The dessert haven Cara Mia!
Hello, Cara Mia Cakes & Gelato.
Cara Mia has been my go to place for gelato and frozen cakes. I still remember visiting its Don Bosco branch years ago where I first had a taste of its creamy gelato. And I'd often find myself grabbing gelato more than cake here but its new cake might make me change my dining habits.
One of Cara Mia's newest offerings is its take on the Classic Ube Cake (PHP120, slice | PHP825, whole).
The word "classic" caught my attention. It's a word that should be used with care as it means that the cake should be reminiscent of those ube cakes we've had before, free of frills and all those so-called fusion.
Taller than the ube cakes I'd get elsewhere, this beautiful cake already impressed me with its size and presentation.
I was pleasantly surprised with how soft the cake was when I got a slice. Used to ice cream or refrigerated cakes, it was a delightful change to have the cake knife slice through with so much ease.
Mouthwatering layer after layer of delicate ube chiffon sandwiched by ube halaya filling and whipped cream greeted me as I put a slice on my plate.
Its grainy texture from ube halaya against the smooth cream and soft chiffon was enjoyable. And despite its lightness, a slice of it would satiate your sweet cravings.

Perfect as an afternoon treat with tea or coffee, it is also a lovely dessert to have to cap your meal at Amici.

Try it today! Visit your favorite Cara Mia branch or have yours delivered. Contact them at +63 2 822 1111.

Cara Mia Cakes & Gelato has multiple branches in Metro Manila.  

Cara Mia Cakes & Gelato Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management