Monday 21 May 2018

Savory Sage Green and Yellow Split Pea Rice Patties with Apple Chia Seed Compote

This recipe was presented in the book from which I adapted it as a breakfast or brunch recipe, but I decided that I would like to serve these fresh sweet and savory herbed split pea patties with apple compote for dinner instead. The compote is sweet of course but does not overwhelm the fresh savoriness of the patties. I enjoy little bites, and especially patties that are relatively easy to prepare, especially when they are baked. No need to fry these in batches, and baking cuts down on not only time and cleaning but excess oil too. I am not accustomed to cooking with sage, which is the main herb used to accompany the split peas in the patties, so I wasn't sure what to think beforehand. But I tried the mixture a few times to adjust for...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management