Monday 1 May 2017

A to Z Baking around the World Recap ~ Mega Marathon BM#75

A to Z Baked Dishes around the World is a theme we finalised almost a year ago. Yet, I ended up baking only last month and almost thought I might have a tough time meeting the challenge.

Even I wrote the intro post on this challenge, I had only about six posts done for that week. The weekend saw me baking like mad and somehow managed two weeks in this style. The final week was a real hurdle.

My initial plan was to bake only yeasted bread from different countries. I had the list ready, finally, the list underwent a lot of changes, I even resorted to cookies for the final week. Cookies are always easy for me and I managed somehow.

Anyway, it has been a wonderful month of baked dishes around the world and my friends who joined me have exceeded my expectations, so be sure to check out their roundups in the Linky tool as well.

Before I talk about the dishes this edition, some info about what’s been happening since 2013:
April 2013 was weekly themes.
September 2013 was ABC Cooking 
April 2014 was Indian Food Odyssey
September 2014 was Around the world in 30 days
April 2015 was Fire up our Ovens.
September 2015 was a Buffet On Table
April 2016 was a Journey through Cuisine, where I did A to Z Maharashtrian Sweets.
September 2016 was a Cooking Carnival, where I did 26 different Potato Dishes
Now for the recap of A to Z Baked Dishes from around the World:

A for Afghan Biscuit from New Zealand


B for
Brownie from the United States


C for
Cheese Crackers with Parmesan from Italy


D for
Devil’s Food Cake from the United States


E for
English Muffin Bread from the United Kingdom


F for 
Fougasse from France


G for 
Garlic Bread from India


H for
Hot Cross Bun from England


I for 
Ischler Cookies are from Austria

J for Johnny Cake from Belize


K for
Kugelhopf  from Europe


L for 
Lekach from Germany


M for 
Mupotohayi | Chimodho from Zimbabwe


N for 
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies from Italy


O for
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Scotland


P for
Peanut Cookies from China


Q for 
Qurabiya from Iran


R for
Russian Rose Bread from Russia


S for 
Sekerpare from Turkey


T for 
Tahini and Almond Cookies from Israeli


U for 
Umm Ali from the Middle East


V for
Vasilopita from Greece


W for
Weihnachtsstollen from Germany


X for
Xiaodianxin from China | Chinese Almond Cookies 


Y for
Yeasted Chocolate Babka from Poland


Z for Zingy Parcels of Domino from India 

 Loading InLinkz ...

The post A to Z Baking around the World Recap ~ Mega Marathon BM#75 appeared first on Spice your Life!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management