Thursday 12 January 2017

Goan Milk Cream with Condensed Milk ~ 3 Ingredient Microwave Fudge

Goan Milk Cream is a fudge made with Milk, Sugar and Cashews. It is a simple 3 ingredient recipe, that requires some muscle work and time as well. Since I don’t have both right now, I decided to resort to simpler and quick methods to make this sweet.

I came to know about this recipe from Simran when she visited me last week. I offered her the Chocolate fudge and told her that I was clueless for the day 3. She immediately suggested this dish she made during her 30 day Christmas special she did a couple of years ago. I happened to read her list just a few weeks back and remember bookmarking this sweet for this theme. Somehow I forgot about it and was happy to be reminded again.

This Milk Cream is a sweet that’s made for the Christmas in Goa and one of the simplest ones must say. It is also very moldable as it needs to be pressed in some moulds. I felt making this in the microwave is one of the simplest methods we can use if we are busy.I also feel reducing all that milk, slogging over a stove is not the best ways of spending time.

We are visiting our SIL’s for Sankranthi, and I am carrying this for them as my niece and nephew are fond of milk sweets. I was planning on baking some cookies, which have been postponed one too many times. I am hoping the evening will yield better results.

Now for the simplest milk sweet which is the theme for this weeks BM#72.Goan Milk Cream

Step by Step Pictures for making Goan Milk Cream

Goan Milk Cream
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Soak the cashew nuts in water it it is soft. Might take about an hour or so. I ended up soaking overnight.
  2. Grind to a smooth paste with few drops of water.
  3. In a microwave safe bowl, take the cashew paste along with condensed milk and sugar. Microwave for 6 to 7 mins in intervals of 30 secs.
  4. It can be frustrating to cook in intervals of 30 secs. However if you are using a taller MW bowl, you can cook for a minute straight.
  5. Ensure to smooth and blend the mix well with a strong spoon. This makes sure there are no lumps formed.
  6. The mixture is very pliable and mouldable as the nut butter that might get formed helps.
  7. Allow to cool and pinch out small balls. Roll well between your palms to make the ball smooth.
  8. Push it down on the mould you want to use.
Recipe Notes

I used a silicon hearts and it was very easy to remove.


BMLogo

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

The post Goan Milk Cream with Condensed Milk ~ 3 Ingredient Microwave Fudge appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management