Monday 9 January 2017

Badam Kheer | How to make Badam Payasam

Badam Kheer or Badam Payasam is one of those sinfully delicious dishes you can indulge in. When I was making the thali with Tamil Nadu dishes, I was wondering what payasam to make when I realised that I am yet to share my Badam Kheer. I never make a Kheer at home as there are no takers. I am not a big fan of sweets and while I have developed a liking to desserts both hot and chilled during weekends, it’s mostly something else and never a kheer.

As I remember talking about this, for Hubby Dear Kheer refers to the North version of sweet with rice in it and Payasam refers to South version with semiya or vermicelli in it. Both of which he doesn’t prefer. So I mostly avoid making it and the times I make it’s only because it’s something I need to blog about. Well, even then I have about 20 versions of Payasam Varieties on C4AS and 14 Payasam varieties on SYL. Ok, I know I had to record that many versions anyway.

We are starting the second week of BM#72, this week it is going to be Milk Sweets. Day 1 was easy, while I literally had to struggle to come up with new ideas for the next two days.Badam Kheer Hubby Dear is travelling and it was just us over the weekend. There was not much cooking done, I just cooked what the kids prefer. I also wanted to complete next week’s BM cooking as we will be travelling. Imagine for all that talk and checking, I hardly had anything much cooked.

I had only Sunday off, and it was very exciting as I was meeting Simran of Bombay Foodie. We go back to many years of blogging and we finally met. She managed to drop in amidst her busy schedule as she was here only for a day. It’s always a pleasure meeting bloggers in person. All your interactions become so much more clear and nice!

So here’s a sweet to cherish all friendships!

I served this Badam Kheer along with Spring Onion Drumstick Sambar, Pepper Fried Plantain Chips and you can read this to know how to plan a Tamil Nadu Thali

Step by Step Pictures for making Badam Kheer

 

Badam Kheer
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Soak almonds in hot water and peel the skin. Grind with 1/2 cup milk and keep it aside.
  2. Boil the remaining milk, add the almond paste and simmer. When the milk becomes thick, add the condensed milk and simmer more for 10 mins.
  3. Adjust sweetness if required.
  4. Heat a pan with butter, add the almond slivers and roast well. Then pour this over the simmering kheer and serve hot or chilled.
Recipe Notes

I loved both the ways.

You can make Almond Slivers at home with this quick post

BMLogo

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

The post Badam Kheer | How to make Badam Payasam appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management