Saturday 3 December 2016

Pepper Fried Plantain Chips | Pepper Plantain Chips

Plantain Chips or Banana Chips reminds me of my college days. It was last of my teens. We were living in apartments that had about 12 flats. We used to frequently have potluck dinners, together for festivals and a generally lot of social activity that had lasting impressions on a young mind. I am sure I must have shared about my neighbour, though I am not able to recollect the exact post to link here.

She was a young lady with two kids, eldest was about 10 years and my violin mate. In fact, I was the one who introduced chocolates to them. She used to say that her kids never knew about chocolate and so her life was easy. After I made those homemade chocolates, pizzas and cakes, life was never the same she used to say.

Anyway, Plantain chips remind me of her father. They were from Rajapalayam and Rajapalayam, apart from being famous for its Murukkus, it was also famous for this Plantain Chips, special ones being flavoured with pepper. When her father used to visit them, he used to get them these chips and naturally we get a share. It simply used to disappear within minutes.
Pepper Fried Plantain Chips

I remember a couple of times when she asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I remember saying I want these chips. I used to be so crazy for these. When we went out of town couple of weeks back to visit our relatives, I ended up making some Vazhakkai Bajjis, and then some chips with the excess of plantain sliced out.

So when I planned this menu, I remembered those Banana Chips spiced with pepper. It used to be the most delicious snack I could think of. When I thought of birthday snacks, I know I can’t get something more addictive than these chips for the kids to munch on!

banana-pepper-chips Step by Step Pictures

plantain-pepper-chips-making

Plantain Pepper Chips
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Wash and peel the outer skin. Using a slicer, slice into thin slices. soak in water until using
  2. Heat a kadai with oil, pat dry the slices, drop into hot oil and cook on both sides till it turns crispy.
  3. Drain onto a kitchen towel. Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle salt and a generous amount of pepper, toss well to coat. The excess will get to the bottom.
  4. Serve right away or store in a tight container.
tamil-thali

BMLogoSending this to the Kids Delight event themed on Birthday Party Snacks hosted by me this month

 

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

The post Pepper Fried Plantain Chips | Pepper Plantain Chips appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management