Sunday 16 October 2016

Creamy Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce with Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shell Pasta

Fettuccine Alfredo is a classic Italian creation that is essentially egg noodle pasta smothered in a rich sauce of butter and Parmesan cheese, and sometimes cream. When I first became a vegetarian, it was one of the only dishes I could eat when dining out, assuming it was on the menu, unless I wanted a boring salad with little substance instead. Of course, now that vegetarianism has become a choice for a much greater number of people worldwide, vegetarian options are more varied in restaurants now than ever before. But what to do for vegans if they remember this dish and enjoyed it? After all, butter and cheese are off limits. I'm not strictly vegan, so I can still enjoy the classic preparation, and have made it at home, but I wanted to...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management