Sunday 23 October 2016

Cabbage Rava Upma Recipe

Cabbage Rava Upma is one of the recent addons to our Menu. I know many run a mile when spoken about Upmas. Luckily I am not one of those. Even though its not something I really remembered eating much while growing up, I remember relishing it as Amma’s Upmas are classic. I know I always sing Amma’s expertise in kitchen, there are many who sing along with me. One among them is Athamma, who keeps asking her to make Upma as she simply loves how Amma makes.

Since I am so fixed on Menus and plans, Upma found a permanent place on our menu, for Saturday night. I know many would think of a romantic dinner for a Saturday Night, I would be wanting a simpler one at times. By Upma I always mean the one with Rava and by luck my Upmas also turn out well, so Hubby Dear welcomes that. To remove the boredom, I do keep rotating with other things. And when it comes to Upma, we wanted to try something, so came about Cabbage Upma.

Yes, I love cabbage, especially as Cabbage Moong Dal Poriyal, Cabbage Kootu, I was skeptical about it being in an upma. I am not adventous when it comes to my taste buds. So it was with thought that being a Food blogger, I must be open to a certain level of expertimentaiton. Ok, only to the extent I can accept. Must say this surely passed the test as it was included in the menu.

Cabbage Upma

Cabbage Rava Upma
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Heat a non stick pan with 1 tsp ghee, roast the rava till it turns colour for about 2 mins. Remove to a bowl.
  2. In the same bowl, heat the oil, temper with mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, cashews and saute for 2 secs, then add the chopped onions, green chilies and curry leaves.
  3. Saute everything till the onions slightly change colour, then add the chopped cabbage and combine everything. When everything gets nicely cooked, add the tomatoes and stir well.
  4. Now add the water, salt and bring to a boil. Add the roasted rava and simmer to mix. Cook on low flame for 10 mins. Add the ghee at the end.
  5. Serve hot with chutneys.
Cabbage Bath

This goes for the October Week 4, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge  Group.

CCC-Logo

The post Cabbage Rava Upma Recipe appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management