Tuesday 30 August 2016

Join me for a Cooking Carnival...

..for the Love of a Spud!

I know I have set the stage for a lot of drama! What to do life has to be spiced up all the time.

I have picked up the humble potato to be cooked for all of September 2016 which is going to be a Cooking Carnival!

If you are landing here for the first time, just to update you, we are a group of Food bloggers doing a Blogging Marathon every month, 3 days all 4 weeks, each month. However, during April and September, we do 26 days of nonstop blogging with Sundays off.

We have been doing the Mega Blogging Marathon since April 2013, 

April 2013 was weekly themes.
September 2013 was ABC Cooking 
April 2014 was Indian Food Odyssey
September 2014 was Around the world in 30 days
April 2015 was Fire up our Ovens .
September 2015 was a Buffet On Table
April 2015 was a Journey through a Cuisine, where I did A to Z of Maharashtrian Sweets



When I had announced the Mega BM theme and took the example of cooking 1 ingredient through the month with potato, I didn't think I will actually do it. It was only when I was talking to Padma when she teased me on my wording, I realized I could actually do it.

Growing up, I wasn't a fan of Potato. It was hard for my friends to believe that I never had Potato Roast growing up. Amma was always a master of cooking in balance. Since potato used to appearing as Poori Kalangu, and in other kurmas, pulaos etc, she never made it exclusively as a roast. 

It was only my marriage and kids I have got so used to potato podimas, roast etc being cooked almost twice a week. Hubby Dear loves potato, so when I selected this, I realised I could make him very happy.

I am also so unprepared and will be cooking as I go from now. I have just couple of them done. My BM Buddies tease that I cook a storm and get done with 6 to 7 in one shot. I did that for A to Z Maharatraian Sweets. I don't think even Hubby dear will appreciate a table with only Potatoes on it.

To give myself a challenge, I ended up with a subtheme featuring Potatoes. So look out for that!

I hope you all will join the fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management