Thursday 7 July 2016

Tamarind Broth with Puréed Toor Dal and Spices

A heat wave has once again enveloped Ontario, and that means lighter meals are in order. I've been serving a lot of salads lately, and wanted something fairly light, but different. A craving for Indian creations got me searching for some new ideas. The first book I flipped through was Raghavan Iyer's 660 Curries, and all of the other books simply sat on the shelf as I knew what I was going to make pretty much right away. Certainly one of the most cherished cookbooks on my shelf and one that I always recommend to friends and family wanting to know more about Indian cooking. Mr. Iyer provides a treasure trove of recipes that always work out perfectly and are easy to adapt to the cook's preferences. Each time I flip through the book, I find...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management