Sunday 3 July 2016

Sattu Ki Kachori | How to make Stuffed Sattu Kachori

We are entering into the BM#66 with the first week being on Regional Cuisine. I gave an option for all to select whichever country they wanted to. I, in fact, had some middle east cuisine in mind. Later came back to the Indian States.

I was so well prepared whole of June that I actually scheduled everything ahead and didn't cook much over the weekend as something or the other came up. I was planning on making the July dishes. However as it happened nothing got cooked and here I am with all cooking the same day. This forced me to think if I should just pick up Tamil Nadu or Andhra as I know it will easy to manage.
Somehow I just couldn't get myself to do it. In the last moment, I had a brainwave and decided to check out what my fellow buddies had dished out during our Mega Regional Cuisine. Since Bihari was the first one I landed, I decided to check out these dishes.

I remembered how my Sattu Paratha had turned out and decided on this Sattu Kachori. I remembered my friend telling me that they do vary the stuffing as per their choice, so I changed some in the list. I had planned for a mini Bihari Thali for Sunday lunch and yes cooked all dishes for lunch. I am very unhappy with the number of dishes I cooked, this can't be termed a mini thali as well.

Still, I had other items like our Rasam and Curds included and the meal did end up being very heavy.


Sattu Kachori

Ingredients Needed:

Oil for Deep frying

For the outer Layer:

Wheat flour - 2 cups
Curd - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Ajwain - 1 tsp crushed
Salt to taste

For stuffing

Sattu flour / Powdered Fried Gram / Powered Pottukadalai - 1 cup
Pickle Masala - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander-Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt if required
Turmeric powder a pinch

How to make the Sattu Kachori

For the dough

In a wide bowl, take all the ingredients required for the outer layer and knead to a stiff dough. Pinch out small balls and roll well.

For the Stuffing

Mix the ingredients for the stuffing and if required add water to make a paste. I left it as a powder.

How to stuff and fry

Flatten the balls on the sides, let the center be thick. Now place a spoonful of stuffing in the center and seal well, making sure the stuffing is tightly enclosed.

Dust with flour and gently roll out into 4 to 5-inch diameter. Repeat with all the balls and stuffing till you are done.

Heat a Kadai with oil for deep frying.

When the oil is hot, gently slide the rolled out pooris and cook on both sides. Ensure the pooris are slightly crispy and puffed up

Remove with a slotted spatula to a kitchen towel.

Serve hot with Ghugni.
 

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management