Friday 8 July 2016

Microwave Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies | Eggless Zucchini Chocolate Brownie

For the second day of week 1 of BM#66, under Fruits that are Vegetables, I have a chocolate brownie made with Zucchini. Zucchini has become common offlate and I keep postponing to buy it. Its quite expensive and the fact that I may not use it completely kept me away. When I decided on this theme, I had got some capsicum as well. However I decided I will use some new vegetables in a new avatar.

So asked amma to get some zucchini and those two are quite huge and long. I only used half of one and I still have 1.5 lying in the fridge. Somehow this week got delayed beyond control and the dishes were something I couldn't cook as I did with Bihar dishes. I finally decided that Microwave would be the best option given the time shortage on hand. 

Since it was double chocolate I was hoping my boys won't know. Just as I thought, after baking, the zucchini is not even visible. Konda was with me when I baking it, she went on saying sugar and cocoa is less. I told her that it intensifies after baking, though sugar can't be managed. I added some chocolate chips quite liberally and the result was dark, intense chocolaty taste.

Will surely be making this again when I get the zucchini again.





Microwave Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup (Can increase to 1 cup)
Unsweetened apple puree - 2 tbsp (blended with 1/4 cup milk)
Melted unsalted butter -  2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 2 to 3 tbsp
Shredded zucchini - 1 cup
Dark and Regular Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Regular chocolate chips for topping - 1/2 cup

How to make the Muffins

In a bowl, fluff the flour along with baking soda, sugar, cocoa powder.

Add in the melted butter, apple puree, chocolate chips, mix gently.

Next add the grated zucchini and mix. In the begenning you will feel that liquid is not enough. However once you combine everything the batter will be loose.

Grease a muffin tray and fill to half. Microwave for a minute and again for 30 secs.

Let it sit for another 2 to 3 mins before removing.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management