Friday 3 June 2016

Shahi Paneer Masala

For the second day of Smooth Gravies, I have a Shahi Paneer Masala. You know I can't complete this series without a paneer in tow right. This is a gravy I cooked as I went on when kids asked for a new version of their favorite paneer.

I started without an idea on how differently I was going to make. However, the prerequisite that the gravy has to be smooth was already known. So I added ingredients as I went. I know this has almost the same ingredients of my regular paneer butter masala, however by changing the steps of what goes in when, changes the taste drastically. 

My kids loved it so much and though I wanted to write down the recipe then, I never came around doing it on time. 

This meal was cooked way back in February and the other dish is the Moong Sprout Subzi was for hubby dear!






Shahi Paneer Masala

Ingredients Needed: 

Paneer - made from 2 liters (gets you about 400 gms)

For the ground Masala

Onions - 2 medium
Tomato - 2 medium
Green Chilies - 3 nos
Oil - 1 tsp

Roast all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste

Soak 6 to 7 whole Cashews and grind to a smooth paste

For the Gravy 

Butter - 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Ground Masala 
Red Chili powder - 1 tsp 
Roasted Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder a huge pinch
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Cashew paste
Cream - 1 tsp

Paneer cubed and roasted in butter and seasoned with salt and pepper.

How to make the gravy

Heat a nonstick pan with butter, saute the ginger garlic paste, then add the ground masala. Add 1/2 cup water and let it get cooked well. 

Add the spice powders and let it simmer for another 5 mins. Now add the cashew paste, combine everything.

Adjust seasoning, add the roasted paneer. water as required for a gravy and let it boil for 10 mins.

Finally, add the cream and Kasuri methi.

Serve with parottas or naans. 



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management