Wednesday 9 December 2015

Ragi Cocoa Cookies ~ Holiday Bakes

With the duration my kids have been at home, unexpectedly because of the rains, I could have baked so many dishes. However each day was a challenge and each day drew with hopes of schools getting reopened. While it was fun the first week of unexpected holidays, it because too much to manage for us.

The never ending hungry was something Hubby dear had to bear! While they were never hungry for rice or rotis, they only wanted snacks all the time. So while the theme I picked for the first week felt matching, it was never so apt as it was in my case!

We are starting our second week BM#59 and this week I decided to do only Holiday Bakes as I was also doing Bake-a-thon! I was supposed to do Pastas, however I had a brain drain and nothing positive came out. Holiday Bakes on the other hand opened up lot of options!


So for day 1, it is a cookie made with Ragi or Finger Millet combined with Cocoa. Would you believe that my boys simply loved it, albeit thinking it was only chocolate? Well I will have to sneak whatever they should eat, however I can.

The cookies must have been surely delicious if I see the way it disappeared.




Ragi Cocoa Cookies

Ingredients Needed:

Ragi flour - 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 to 3 tbsp
Caster Sugar / powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup (adjust to taste)
Butter - 2 to 3 tbsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp

How to bake the Ragi Cocoa Cookies

Pre heat the oven at 185 C

In a bowl, take the ragi flour along with the cocoa powder and mix well.

Add 1 tbsp of butter and mix well. Now add the sugar by tbsp. The mix will get soft.

Next add the remaining butter and sugar, adjust by tasting. Finally add the baking powder.

Knead well and make small balls. On a greased baking tray, flatten the balls and place with enough space between each cookie.

When pre heating is done, bake for 12 mins.

Let it cool. The cookies will be little chewy and soft. Bake for more time if required.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management