Friday 23 October 2015

Palada Pradhaman | Kerala Palada Payasam

We are coming to the final week of BM#57 this week. I don't even want to talk about how each week is rolling away so quickly! Especially with me having the posts ready, I just didn't realize where the time disappeared. I was simply loitering around and even though I had planned on some activities, I just spent reading and doing nothing else. Infact Hubby dear was surprised that I seem to have more time on hand.

Anyway the theme for this week is Desserts and since in most Indian homes, dessert is typically Indian Sweets. I decided to showcase the sweets I had made during my Indian States for Buffet On Table.

First one coming is what I made for Onam Sadya. I have always been wanting to make the Adai at home myself. However I was again facing management issues and lacked the foresight of making those adais ahead. So was I glad that I landed with a ready to make paladadai flakes? Oh yes, all it needed was boiled milk and sugar, if you must! And your payasam is ready.

It was indeed a fitting end to the feast we had.

Now I am waiting for that moment when I will make the adais myself at home. Until then, like me, you must enjoy this payasam made with ready to use adais.


Palada Payasam

Ingredients Needed:

Rice Ada - 1 cup 
Boiled Milk - 1 & 1/2 liters
Sugar - 1 cup 
Cardamom powder  - a pinch 

For garnishing

Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cashewnut and Raisins - 50 gms

I used ready to use ada

How to make Palada Pradhaman

Boil the milk and set it aside. When the milk is all boiled, add the ready to use adai and simmer for 10 mins. 

Next add sugar and continue stirring so that sugar gets melted and well blended. 

Heat ghee in a small pan and roast the cashews and raisins. Then pour over the boiling payasam. Add cardomon at this stage

Let this get mixed well and simmer for another 10 mins. 
Notes : 

I read that traditionally this payasam is served as such without adding any nuts or fruits. 

I used ready to use adai, which didn't require to be cooked or soaked. All I had to do was simply boil milk add sugar and adai. 



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management