Thursday 3 September 2015

Spaghetti with Vegetarian Meatballs in Creamy Tomato Sauce

For the 4th day of combo Dishes under BM#56, Buffet on Table, I have combination that I have been wanting to make for the longest time. Infact maybe from the time I started blogging. Every time it used to be with meat and I used to wonder when I will get around making a Meatless Dish. So when I was planning the combo dishes, this was the first one I wrote down.

When I started cooking for the Mega BM, I wasn't sure how soon I will get around making all the dishes. Somehow 4 of the dishes got down by the week before the BM started. I was having this alone left behind. So I decided to make it on a weekday, especially on the day we cook non veg and I won't have much cooking to be done. I had planned on making it for Konda's lunch.

I also cooked the all the spaghetti on hand and made Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe that Chinnu had been asking me since I made it. Somehow it got delayed and I ended up packing it for my lunch and Chinnu completed whatever spaghetti that was for Konda. Anyway my colleagues enjoyed it, saying it was too delicious. I agreed it was indeed and I now will have to make it again for Konda as the sauce and meatballs were stocked for her.

I had bought in Soya granules and made a meatball with it. The combination for today were inspired by this and this


For the day 4, it is Spaghetti with Vegetarian Meatballs in Creamy Tomato Sauce from Italy for you!

How to make Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe



How to make the Creamy Tomato Sauce



How to make the Soya Meatballs / Vegetarian Meatballs


How to make Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe

Ingredients Needed

Spaghetti as required
Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1 tsp
Salt and pepper for taste

I followed the same method as I did originally. Keep it warm until using

How to make the Creamy Tomato Sauce

Ingredients Needed:

Onions - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 3 -4 (2 cups
Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp
Olive Oil - 2 tsp
Garlic, mince - 1 tsp
Oregano dry - 1 tsp
Red Chili flakes -1  tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Red Chili powder - 1 /2 tsp
Milk - 1 1/2 cup

Heat a non stick pan with olive oil, add the garlic. Then saute the onions, till they change colour.

Then add salt, red chili flakes, and add chopped tomatoes. Cover and simmer till the tomatoes get mushy and soft.

Cook on high and add oregano and pepper. Cook for 2 mins. 

Simmer and add milk. Cook with lid covered. Add water as required to get a creamy sauce.

How to make the Soya Meatballs / Vegetarian Meatballs

Ingredients Needed:

Soya Granules - 1 cup
Salt
Green Chilies - 2 medium
Onions - 1 medium
Red Chili powder to taste
Bread slices - 2 -3

Bring a pot of water to boil, add the soy granules, and cook for 5 mins. Drain completely and squeeze out excess water.

Pulse the onions, green chilies along with bread slices to get a binder mix. Add this to the squeezed soya and make balls.

Heat a non stick pan with oil, cook the balls on all sides till crisp.

You can also deep fry if you like. Pan fried balls were very good infact.

How to assemble Spaghetti with Vegetarian Meatballs in Creamy Tomato Sauce

In the serving bowl, place the spaghetti, pour the sauce over it and place the balls. 





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management