Wednesday 9 September 2015

Kesar Pista Shrikhand ~ Easy Gujarati Dessert


In the Gujarati Thali menu, Shrikhand had a permanent place. Even though I have done so many variations of the Shrikhand, I just could'n't ignore. If you talk about your regular Shrikhand, Aamrakhand, Badam Pistachio Shrikhand, Badam Shrikhand, or little daring to try Chocolate Shrikhand or Strawberry Shrikhand, I have it all.

There was nothing new I could make or maybe there is, I am yet to check it out. Anyway even if the menu was supposed to be a mini one, it was still daunting and the other sweet that I planned to make, didn't materialize. So I had to plan for a Shrikhand! 

It calls for another mix and match and I have a Kesar Pista Shrikhand for you!

I simply love Shrikhand and in this version, I resorted to quick version of it by using icing sugar. This makes it more creamy somehow and we ended up with such a delicious dessert!

This is part of the Gujarati Thali that I prepared

Kesar Pista Shrikhand 

Ingredients Needed:

For the Hung Curds

Thick Curds/ Yogurt - 1 cup

For the Shrikhand

Icing Sugar - 2 -3 tbsp
Saffron Strands - 2 pinches
Warm Milk - 1/4 cup
Cardamon powder a pinch
Pistachios, powdered - 2 tbsp
Chopped almond for garnish

How to make the Kesar Pista Shrikhand

Line a muslin cloth over a sieve. Pour the thick curds into it and let it sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours. 

Soak the saffron in warm milk. Blend the pistas to powder.

Transfer the hung curds to a bowl. Add the saffron milk and pista powder and blend well.

Transfer to serving bowls and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chopped almonds on top.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management