Thursday 10 September 2015

Classic Tamarind Chutney

Why purchase store-bought chutneys and sauces when it's so easy to make your own? As I enjoy Indian savories, that usually means that when I make them, I also make an accompaniment for them. Sweet tamarind chutney is one of my favorites and I've made several versions of it in the past. This one is smooth, tart and hot, and easy to make, and I made it to go along with baked samosas (that recipe is coming soon). All you need to do is soak the tamarind for a while and then gently simmer with a few other ingredients until it thickens up. It keeps well in the refrigerator for at least a week in a covered container. function printDiv(e) Classic Tamarind ChutneyRecipe by Lisa Turner Cuisine: Indian Published on September 10, 2015 Smooth, tart...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management