Tuesday 18 August 2015

Vegan Caesar Salad

I don't follow a strictly vegan diet, but lately I have been leaning that way because I find dairy-free meals are easier on my digestive system. Though I've long mastered a vegetarian Caesar salad, I wanted to find out if a vegan version was just as tasty, and it was! What I did here was to make a cashew-based dressing with some almond milk, garlic, olive oil, mustard, nutritional yeast for some cheesy flavor, and some fresh lemon juice for a bit of zesty zing. Don't forget the black pepper either. The combination of kale and romaine worked well here and you can add croutons or not — it's not required, but it fills out the salad nicely. function printDiv(e) Vegan Caesar SaladRecipe by Lisa Turner Published on August 18, 2015 An...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management