Friday 17 July 2015

Tadka Dal | Dhaba Style Mix Dal Fry

For the second day of cooking Lentil in 3 different way, I have yet another Tadka dal. I know you must be wondering after having posted so many different dals, what more can I possible have! Even I thought so and was surprised that combining different dals, can get you such differently tasting and so delicious dals.

Infact I had tough time deciding on what lentil recipe I could post. I had this teen dal recipe written in my dairy and seeing it was a combination I am yet to try, I decided to make it. Hubby dear liked the dal a lot and infact wanted me to make this quite regular.

So even if it might sound regular, you should try this combination. I always stock a pack of Masoor dal always. I simply put it in the freezer and forget. So it really comes handy when I make such dals. I somehow like how simple a masoor tastes.

Some of the dals that come to mind are below
Dal Fry ~ Restaurant Style
Masoor Ki Dal
Masala Masoor Dal
Katti Dal
Nawabi Dal

Or you could simply check the Dals collected over the years!



All this means that, end of the day even after a heavy dose of rich food, our comfort food will always be a dal.

Nothing like a simple dinner that can get done under 30 mins, with both these dals and roti.



Dhaba Style Mix Dal Fry

Ingredients Needed:

Toor dal - 1/2 cup
Split Yellow Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Masoor dal - 1/4 cup
Onion minced - 1 small
Green Chillies sliced - 3
Ginger grated - 1/4 tsp.
Whole Cumin seeds    1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder  1/4 tsp.
Ghee/ Butter - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves, finely chopped    1/2 tbsp.

How to make the Tadka Dal

Mix and wash dals well. Pressure cook for 3 whistles, till soft but not overcooked.

Once the pressure falls down, remove the lid and mash the dal when it is still hot and add enough water.

Heat ghee/butter in a deep non stick pan.

Add cumin seeds, then add onion, ginger and green chilies. Stir fry till soft and nicely browned

Now red chilies and salt, mix well. Add the cooked dal, mix everything together well.

Bring to a boil. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.

Garnish with chopped coriander and lemon juice.

Serve hot with rice, rotis, etc.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management