Monday 11 May 2015

Egg Biryani | How to make Muttai Biriyani

As I was saying, unexpectedly all my weekend meals ended up being Biryanis, even though I cooked these over four different weeks. Until the last moment when I was checking the dishes, it didn't strike me at all and it was already too late. I actually had a tiffin prepared, then decided that since one pot meals were ready, I might as well share these.

This Egg Biryani was something I have been wanting to cook for a long time. When it comes to biryanis, its always either Chicken or Vegetables. That day when I had to cook for others, I thought I might as well make with eggs as they all like eggs. The masala was almost similar to what I make with minor changes.
Best part was everybody wanted me to click the pictures before they could start eating. So you can imagine the behind the scenes as I was clicking the pictures. Each one was telling me how to plate and what else should be used as a prop. I was not able to include all of them. However I have them saved.





Egg Biryani

Ingredients Needed:

Basmati Rice - 21/2 cups
Water - 3 1/2 cups
Oil - 3 tbsp
Ghee - 3 tsp
Eggs - 8 nos

For the ground Masala

Shallots - 4 -5
Mint leaves - handful
Coriander leaves handful
Green Chilies - 2 medium
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp

Whole Spice

Cloves - 4 -5 nos
Cinnamon - 2"
Bay leaf - 2
Shahjeera - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom - 3 nos
Marati Mogga - 2
Mace - 1

For the Biryani

Onions, julienne - 1 big
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Green Chilies - 3 medium
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder a pinch
Red Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Curds - 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp

For the final seasoning

Cashews - 10 nos
Ghee - 2 tsp

How to make Egg Biryani

Boil Egg to hard boil stage and keep it aside.

Wash and soak the rice before you start to make the biryani.

Grind the shallot, herbs and keep it aside.

Heat a non stick pan with oil and ghee, add all the whole spices and saute well. Then add the onion julienne, and cook on high till the onions turn colour.

Then add the ground masala and continue stirring till the masala is cooked well. Now add finely chopped tomatoes, along with turmeric powder and salt. Combine everything and cover with lid and cook on low flame.

Add the curds and mix well. Add the rest of the spice powders and cook on slow flame. Mark with knife on the eggs for the masala to steep in when it gets cooked. Add the shelled eggs to the masala.

When you have cooked the masala for 5 more mins, add water and bring to boil. Now add drained rice and bring to boil. Roast the ginger garlic in another pan till well cooked and add to the boiling pan finally.

Cover with lid and keep another heavy vessel over this. Keep this cooking pan over a tawa and cook on low flame for 15 - 20s. In the last 5 mins, roast the cashews in ghee and add to the pan. Cover again and cook for 5 - 10 more mins.

Serve with onion raitha

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management