Wednesday 4 December 2013

Banana Oats Bread



I was looking for something with B and ended up making a banana oats bread. The inspiration for this bread were the ripe bananas that were lying around. The moment Hubby dear said we have to use up the ripe bananas I knew I had to bake something with it. This bread uses wheat flour and oats flour and is very dense. it's more like a filling up loaf when you are hungry.



I didn't take chances in checking it ahead of time and left it almost to its nearing. I ended up with a tasty bread but one that was quite heavy. However Hubby dear and Konda liked it a lot and I guess I settle my case on that. I used roasted almonds that gave a delicious nutty taste to the bread.



This is the second post for our Bake a thon series.



































Banana Oat Bread



Ingredients Needed:



Wheat flour - 1 1/2 cup

Oatmeal flour - 1/2 cup

Ripe bananas - 4 nos (1 & 1/2 cup)

Brown sugar 3/4 cup

Olive oil - 1/3 cup

Vanilla essence 1 tsp

Egg Replacer - 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp water for 1 egg

Baking powder - 1/2 tsp

Baking soda - 1/4 tsp

Pinch of salt

Chopped roasted almonds, to garnish



How to make the bread



Pre-heat oven to 185 C.



In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.



Puree the banana and mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl.



Fold in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients gently



Lightly oil a baking tin with olive oil. Line the baking tray with butter paper.



Pour the batter into the baking tin. Sprinkle nuts of choice.



Place the baking tin in the oven and let it bake for about 50-55 mins or until a pierced toothpick comes out clean.



Serve warm or cold.


Notes:



Check when the timer is at 45 mins, to see if the bread is done. I had to bake again for a while.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management