Friday 8 November 2013

Refried Beans with Pumpkin

Refried beans are one of my favorite meals to serve up and when I saw Janet's take on a classic that included pumpkin, I knew I just had to try her Pumpkin-Infused Refried Beans. And I'm certainly glad I did. I spiced my dish up and made up a big batch because leftover refried beans are always a treat too. The pumpkin flavor comes out in a subtle but distinct way that really goes well with the pinto beans and spice blend I used. Serve them up as a dip, or as a filling for wraps, topped with some hot sauce and sour cream if desired, or alongside a bed of grains, such as quinoa or rice. I served mine up with some jalapeno sauce and some quinoa cakes. On the topic of pumpkin, when it is in season, it’s easy to make your own pumpkin puree...



This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management