Friday 1 November 2013

Chocolate Burfi ~ Easy Diwali Sweet


After debating much on what sweets to make, apart from the traditional ones, I thought these chocolate sweets are the easiest and not to mention the most quickest to disappear. Imagine I made this the night before yesterday, hoping I can keep some for my nephew and niece who were coming today. And nothing was left. I even got some for my colleagues, who couldn't believe that this burfi was so easy to make and it was unbelievable delicious.



The entire time to make this was just about 10 mins. The actual cooking of the burfi is only 3 -4 mins, that too you got to be stirring along. Infact because I had to click a picture, I left it to Konda to stir and it almost set. So I had to add some more of condensed milk to get it loose. After transferring to the tray, all you need is some 30 mins time or if you are in a hurry, put it into the freezer for a quick fix. Since it was pretty late when I had made this, I cut into pieces the next day morning. So unless you plan to do the same, you can forget this for overnight. Else this needs about 30 -40 mins cooling time.



We made kaja last night and couldn't plan anything else. Apart from this, I had also planned on making some Ribbon Pakodas, as my sil made murukkus. Our relatives came this morning and the breakfast was the regular Idli, Meddu Vada, Sambar and Coconut Chutney. Nothing to beat a traditional breakfast right!



Now I leave you to enjoy these Chocolate Burfi, adapted from a recent The Hindu print. We start a new edition of Cooking from Cookbook Edition, with new bloggers joining me. Please do check them out for their cooking from Cookbook!













































Chocolate Burfi with Wheat



Ingredients Needed:



Condensed Milk - 200 gms / half tin

Cocoa powder - 2 tsp

Butter - 30 - 50 gms

Wheat flour - 1/2 cup

Dark Chocolate - 2 -3 cubes



How to make the Chocolate Burfi



In a non stick pan, dry roast the wheat flour until the flour lets out aroma. Remove and keep it aside.



In a thick bottom pan, melt the butter. Then add the condensed milk, cocoa powder, and stir again quickly.



Then add the wheat flour and stir everything again. Now add the dark chocolate bars.



Everything takes about 3 -4 mins and not more than that.



Quickly transfer this on to a greased pan and let it set.



It takes about 30 mins or more for this to set.



Cut into small pieces and serve.




For Cooking from Cookbook Challenge November Edition




Enjoy these chocolates and have a safe Deepavali




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management