Friday 19 June 2020

One of the Classics: Tropical Hut

I have several fond memories with Tropical Hut. I used to frequent a few branches back when I was young. My grandmother would often bring me there after school for an afternoon snack. We'd share a clubhouse or chicken sandwich, and she'd let me play for a few minutes in its play area. But ever since she stopped picking me up from school, our Tropical Hut visits stopped too. And it took more than two decades for me to rekindle my love with this nostalgic fast food brand.

Long time no see Tropical Hut.
I had this crazy craving for macaroni salad last week. I couldn't stop yearning for it. I used to order from another fast food joint. But the brand recently pulled it out of the menu. And thanks to the Best of the Best Manila, I was reminded that Tropical Hut offers it too.

I ordered two cups of Macaroni Salad (PHP65 each). I also got its Classic Cheeseburger Set (PHP165) to try.
I was impressed with how Tropical Hut's packaging for its burgers. Instead of the usual paper with plastic lining wrapper, Tropical Hut uses aluminum foil to help keep the burger warm. It also had a paper ring to keep the burger in place.
And it took only one bite for me to understand why Tropical Hut's burgers get so much love from the Let's Eat Pare community. It was so good!
The simple burger reminded me of homemade burgers. With its patty made with pure beef, each bite was tasty and juicy. The bun was so soft while the greens were fresh. I also loved the crisp from the crunchy lettuce and cucumber. It was like taking a bite back in the past. I couldn't help but smile as I remember happy memories with my grandmother the whole time I was savoring my burger. (Note: A set order comes with regular fries and soda.)
It has been a long while since I last had Tropical Hut's Macaroni Salad. And it was still just as good. 
One cup may be a bit small, but it was one chunky salad! This cup of happiness has a generous serving of chicken bits, pineapple, raisins, and cheese. Each spoonful was pure bliss. 
I heard that Tropical Hut's burger with pineapple is good too! I'll try that soon and have another walk down memory lane with its clubhouse or chicken sandwich.

Tropical Hut has several branches open during GCQ. Visit its Facebook page for more details.

Tropical Hut Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management